When you open an account with Épargne Placements Québec, your savings products are held in a book‑based system administered by Épargne Placements Québec. Registration in this system confirms ownership, in the name of the account holder, of the products registered in his securities portfolio.
Certain information entered in the system in the account holder’s file is used to authenticate his identity (and in certain cases that of his representative or attorney) when he wants to carry out transactions by telephone.
Accordingly, it is essential that the account holder check all information received from Épargne Placements Québec to ensure that the data entered in the system are accurate.
Advantages of the book‑based system include:
- a quarterly portfolio statement allowing the account holder to follow the growth of his investments;
- transactions can be carried out by telephone wherever you are;
- the risk of losing bond certificates is eliminated;
- simplicity and security of transactions, and coming soon;
- it will be possible to carry out some transactions over the Internet.
For more information on the book‑based system, go to the How to proceed section.