A sensible choice for your future
You hold a locked‑in retirement account (LIRA) and you now want to draw a pension from the funds you have accumulated. The Épargne Placements Québec life income fund (LIF) is a beneficial choice for you.
The Épargne Placements Québec LIF offers many advantages:
- Competitive products.
- No management or administration fees.
- You are the sole manager of your funds.
- Your funds are 100% guaranteed by the Québec government, regardless of amount or term.
Moreover, for any amount of $1 000 or more transferred into one of our registered accounts and invested in a term product, you receive a refund of transfer fees of up to 5% of the amount transferred, to a maximum of $150.
The LIF is a retirement fund that enables you to draw a life income from the funds in your supplemental pension plan or your locked‑in retirement account (LIRA). The main features of this account are:
- You must transfer your LIRA into a LIF no later than December 31 of the year in wich you reach age 71.
- Each year, you must withdraw a minimum amount from your LIF .
- You can receive payments greater than the minimum withdrawal. These payments are determined based on your needs and in compliance with legal requirements.
If you hold your Québec Fixed‑rate Bonds or Québec Discount Bonds in an Épargne Placements Québec LIF for terms of one to five years, a total or partial redemption can be requested, without penalty, for purposes of a retirement income payment, in accordance with laws applicable under the Québec LIF.
Want to open an Épargne Placements Québec LIF or obtain more information? Simply contact one of our investment officers.
Ready to act? Then speak with one of our investment officers, toll free.