Épargne Placements Québec

RRSP contributed by the spouse

Where a product that qualifies for the transfer is held in your Investment Savings Account, you can use it to contribute to the RRSP of your spouse, in the case of a spouse within the meaning of the Income Tax Act.

If your spouse does not already have an RRSP account, you can initiate the transfer request by telephone or in writing. At your spouse’s request, an Épargne Placements Québec RRSP application form will be sent to him (her). All he (she) has to do is sign it and return it to Épargne Placements Québec.

You, as contributing spouse, will receive a Application to transfer securities form that you must complete, sign and return to Épargne Placements Québec.

Once it receives these forms, Épargne Placements Québec will complete the transfer transaction.


Bonds held in a Investment Savings Account can be covered by a hypothec in favour of one of the following financial institutions:

  • a bank;
  • a trust company;
  • a savings company;
  • a savings and credit union.