To make a purchase at Épargne Placements Québec, you can use the “Online transactions” section of our website or contact one of our investment officers. With “Online transactions”, you can give your purchase instructions up to 90 business days before the issue date. Try it, it’s simple, fast and secure.
Unless we receive instructions to the contrary from you,
- Purchases via the transactional website are made by electronic funds transfer.
- Purchases via the Customer Relationship Centre can be made by electronic funds transfer or by cheque to the order of the Minister of Finance.
You can easily add or change your bank information to your file using the “Online transactions” section of our website. Alternatively, you can send us a personalized void cheque (a cheque with your name, account number and financial institution’s information) by mail.
Payment by supplier to financial institutions
To help you achieve your savings objectives, you can now transfer funds more quickly to Épargne Placements Québec thanks to the invoice‑payment service offered by your financial institution.
To do so, simply add Épargne Placements Québec as an invoice in your financial institution’s online services. Your reference number corresponds to your membership number.
During the transfer of funds, the amounts are converted to Flexi-Plus Savings in the Investment Savings Account and can then be used to purchase a term product in the account of your choice.
Contributing to a TFSA or RRSP with products you alreaudy own
If you have transferable savings products, you can use them to contribute to your TFSA or RRSP. You can make the transaction online in the “Online transactions” section.
For instructions to acquire a Québec Step-up Bond, Fixed-rate Bond, Fixed-rate Green Bond, Discount Bond, or Securi+ Bond, Épargne Placements Québec guarantees up to 20 days prior to the issue the better of the rate in effect on the date of receipt of your instructions and that on the issue date of the product. You will thus automatically receive the better of the two rates.
- The guarantee applies to renewals before maturity and new purchases.
- In the case of purchases or renewals for which instructions are given between 20 and 90 days prior to the issue date, you will benefit from the most advantageous rate between that in effect on the product issue date and that in effect 20 days prior to that date.
- For the guarantee to be applicable to a transaction conducted with the assistance of a call centre agent, the requisite documents pertaining to the transaction must be received within 10 business days of the date of your instructions. This condition does not apply when a transaction is carried out on the transactional website.
- This guarantee can be modified without notice.
Transfers of funds from another financial institution
Épargne Placements Québec also offers a rate guarantee at the time of purchase for transfers of TFSA, RRSP, RRIF, LIRA or LIF funds from another financial institution. In such cases, the rate guarantee centres on the better of two rates, i.e., the rate in effect when the request is made to transfer to Épargne Placements Québec or the rate in effect on the date of receipt of the payment.
The payment must be received not later than six weeks after the transfer request in order for the guarantee to apply.
* Certain exceptions apply. To obtain additional information, please contact an investment officer by referring to the contact information on the How to reach us page.