Enjoy a rate guarentee
For instructions to acquire a Québec Step-up Bond, Fixed-rate Bond, Fixed-rate Green Bond, Discount Bond, or Securi+ Bond, Épargne Placements Québec guarantees up to 20 days prior to the issue the better of the rate in effect on the date of receipt of your instructions and that on the issue date of the product. You will thus automatically receive the better of the two rates.
- The guarantee applies to renewals before maturity and new purchases.
- In the case of purchases or renewals for which instructions are given between 20 and 90 days prior to the issue date, you will benefit from the most advantageous rate between that in effect on the product issue date and that in effect 20 days prior to that date.
- For the guarantee to be applicable to a transaction conducted with the assistance of a call centre agent, the requisite documents pertaining to the transaction must be received within 10 business days of the date of your instructions. This condition does not apply when a transaction is carried out on the transactional website.
- This guarantee can be modified without notice.
Transfers of funds from another financial institution
Épargne Placements Québec also offers a rate guarantee at the time of purchase for transfers of TFSA, RRSP, RRIF, LIRA or LIF funds from another financial institution. In such cases, the rate guarantee centres on the better of two rates, i.e., the rate in effect when the request is made to transfer to Épargne Placements Québec or the rate in effect on the date of receipt of the payment.
The payment must be received not later than six weeks after the transfer request in order for the guarantee to apply.
* Certain exceptions apply. To obtain additional information, please contact an investment officer by referring to the contact information on the How to reach us page.